Tuesday 11 June 2019

An Update Post About Blog Posts

This, I guess, is a warning post.... I currently have 6 posts sitting in draft format that I need to release, written over the last few weeks, that show the journey of a personal project up until yesterday. I don't know exactly why I was sitting on them, I think part of it was not to 'disrupt' the flow of the Mini Melbourne development posts I have been writing, but it has also been a significantly long time since I shared the development of a project 'live as it happens' on this blog, and well I think this project is pretty amazing, and I am excited to share the journey with you as I continue to develop it. I also think that sharing the journey of learning as I move towards the end product is something that is super relevant, and will hopefully be helpful for others.

Mini Melbourne is amazing, and shows what awesome stuff can be done with a team of people, of wide expertise, and a clear focus on learning outcomes. What I hope to do with this personal project, is, as I get time, create something that shows just how flexible Minecraft can be as a teaching and learning platform from the perspective of one person volunteering time, exploring new game mechanics, researching and learning along the way in completely new territory for the educational aspects of Minecraft.

The Mini Melbourne development posts will continue as I have time to write them, but expect a few other posts between times too. If I can get my act together enough, I might also share some of the parts of this project as I move forward for others to have a mess about with. I need to say, that at this stage, this project is being developed outside of M:EE and in standard Bedrock at the moment, because the features are not available in EE yet. I guess one thing to ask, is do you, as a reader, want access? Would you like to explore what I am creating 'live' as it develops? Hard to answer, without knowing what the project is, I know, but all the background and everything is in the next post, I promise.

That's it for now, I will release these posts 'slowly' rather than all at once, maybe every second day. Feel free to leave a comment below, and as always thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment