Tuesday 18 June 2019

Genetics Development - Day 3 - Restricting Mates? Nope!

On day 3, I literally achieved nothing new. I ended the day in exactly the same spot as where I started it. I did however do a lot of testing and experimenting and learning. The goal was to try and make it, since I had clearly defined male and female entities, that only viable offspring were produced when a male and female mated. This is a genetics resource after all.

I was trying to use filters in places that apparently do not support them, double and triple checking syntax, trying to figure out what I could do to make it so that only males and females bred together. I tried all kinds of tags, like "self", "other" and "target" in the filters, but to absolutely no avail.

I went to bed at 1am (again) and woke up at 6am with what I thought was the answer.... but nope, sadly I was mistaken. In fact, as of writing these posts, I still have not solved this issue completely, although I have made a little bit more progress on it.

A very short post today, and that is fine, it was many hours, with a lot of no result at the end, but a lot of learning along the way! :D Feel free to leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment